Getting people to believe in your mission will transform any company. Terry Whipple turned around many companies from failure to greatness. He shares his experience and knowledge in this podcast. His stories are very interesting. He wasn’t an expert in any of the companies but he knew where to get the answers. He built great teams.
Terry Whipple has a passion for creating a contagious environment for entrepreneurship! He is also adamant that the Midwest needs to foster a culture of entrepreneurism in order to compete in the 21st-century economy.
Terry is the Executive Director of the Juneau County Economic Development Corporation (JCEDC) and former president of the 7 Rivers Region. He is a seasoned professional with practical experience in a plethora of business applications including business start-up and turn-around, mergers and acquisitions, and maximizing business opportunities via trends research. He is skilled in strategic planning, management, negotiations, sales, and marketing and an expert in presentations, public speaking, team building, and networking.
He has been applying his experience in corporate turnarounds to revitalizing Juneau County and its rural communities.
A bridge-builder and collaborator, Terry received the SBA’s Region V and Wisconsin 2005 Home-Based Business Champion of the Year Award. He also received the Wisconsin 2005 Innovation Champion Award for the development of innovative new programs as well as the 7 Rivers Region Pyramid Award. In 2009, Terry was presented the International Economic Development Council Award for Innovative entrepreneurial programs. He has served as an independent business consultant specializing in work with distressed small businesses and currently maintains his own private consulting business.
His current appointments include:
- President of the 7 Rivers Alliance 2009, Current Board Member
- President of iLEAD Entrepreneurial/Leadership Charter School
- Chair for the 7 Rivers Economic Development Group
- Advisory Board – State of Wisconsin, Department of Corrections
- Wisconsin Government Contracting/Appropriations Advisory Committee developing a strategic plan to bring more federal dollars to Wisconsin
- Board of Directors and Facilitator for the Juneau County Inventor & Entrepreneur Club
- Consultant to the State of Wisconsin for the development of the 42 plus WI I&E Clubs
- Advisory Board – Western Technical College
- Board of Directors Juneau County Revolving Loan Fund
- Board of Directors Juneau County Housing Committee
- Board of Directors International Trade, Business, and Economic Council
He has received awards and recognition for his work and passion for entrepreneurism by the:
- International Economic Development Council, Award 2009, Entrepreneur Programs
- 7 Rivers Alliance, Pyramid Award 2008
- SBA Region 5, 2005 Home-Based Business Champion
- SBA State of Wisconsin 2005 Home-Based Business Champion
- 2005 Wisconsin Innovator of the Year
- 2004 Top Rural Initiative Award for innovative practices in rural development from Wisconsin Rural Partners at the Wisconsin Community Leadership summit.
Terry attended Utah State University and holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Iowa State University. He lives in rural Tomah with his wife and three daughters.