“Taking time to do nothing often brings everything into perspective.
~ Doe Zantamata ~
I think this subject relates to almost everyone at some point in their lives.
Stating the fact that we are in such a busy paced lifestyle, probably goes without saying. You know it. You feel it. You see it all around you. Burnout and poor health can be the results if it continues for very long.
So how do you deal with the overload and look a little deeper into your life and daily activities in order to make a needed change?
The good news is that you can take some small, simple steps to make some adjustments in your life.
Here are some suggestions for starting
- I call these the three downs. Slow down, sit down, and write down. It is amazing when you stop and put a pen and paper to your ideas, thoughts, feelings, joys, and frustrations, how they can be very eye-opening. Write down the areas in your life that you want to change for the better.
- Maybe you just require taking more breaks in life. They can be short or long. Take them as you feel the need to.
- Should I make a change in my occupation, personal life, or other areas?
- Really listen to what might show up in your thoughts. You might be surprised.
- And remember to be easy with yourself and others. The past events and choices you made are definitely a factor, but you can’t drive your car holding the rearview mirror. You move forward in a positive way by looking ahead.
- And also try throwing in some humor in your daily life. It can really defuse many situations that are really not that serious. This helps me so much in my life.
This does take some work. Taking the time, resisting the stubbornness of making a change (which by the way we all have), and following through are necessary parts of the process. It is part of personal growth. Use it to your advantage.
In my experience, Life shows up and helps me when I need it. Doors of possibilities open and I choose the door. This possibility is for everyone.
So I hope this encourages you to do what you feel you need to do in your life.
Your life is not a dress rehearsal…This is it!
So have fun and enjoy the ride wherever it leads you.